Friday, March 11, 2011

Once you go Mac, you never go back…

Just like the fight between Capulets v. Montagues, skiing v. snowboarding, Jessica Alba v. Jessica Biel, and Edward v. Jacob, I’ve entered the arena of PC v. Mac. I’ve grown up with PCs my whole life. For the past four and a half years, I’ve had a PC. Perhaps I’m technologically cursed (I have been through a lot of cellphones), but this particular PC gave me nothing but trouble. I had to replace the hard drive twice, deal with countless viruses, constant errors and my current problem of loose wiring that resulted in a seizure-esque experience when I want to watch downloaded copies of Modern Family. But no more.
Justin Long NOT included. Thank God!

Congratulations, you are talking to one of the newest members of the Apple Family. At least that’s what Jennifer told me as I was leaving the store armed with my MacBook Pro. Fed up at last with my glitch screens and lag times, I said enough was enough. (note: i'm not blasting PCs.  I just didn't like the last one I had. In fact, I'm a particular fan of Dells myself)  I braved the monsoon outside and drove to Bethesder/ Bethesda. I always feel like I’m getting judged when I go to Bethesda because I’m diversity there. I’m not a member of a golf country club and I don’t drive a BMW. I feel that they judged me right down to my fish filet breath. But not at the Apple store.  I was welcomed in a way that was almost like a cult. Everyone was helpful , especially with the financing part. I didn’t have to sign away my soul or turn tricks to afford this.

Luckily, my roommate Clyde was able to school me in this wonderful piece of technology. He’s the one that introduced me to the iPhone too, so I pretty much owe him major. I never had the urge to before, but now all I want to do is make movies and create photo slideshows. If you want to video chat me, hit me up! I have a camera built into this bad boy. For once, I’m actually on the cutting edge of technology and I’m going to let this feeling ride for a while. It’s going to take time to get used to this, but I got this. I should have shouted Leroy Jenkins when I bought this.  I still don’t know what to name the Macbook . The winner for the moment is Mac Taylor, ala CSI:NY.

Listen, I get that now I’m one of those Apple people. You can call me a douche bag. I should probably continue to eat more of my meals at Panera, drink exclusively at Starbucks and do pottery class. Well, maybe I will. This is a turning point. It’s so shiny and I just keep stroking it. There is a touchpad preference menu, and the things I can do with 1, 2, 3 or 4 fingers is enough to make me flush with anticipation. I’m hot for Apple and I don’t care who knows it.

3 comments:

  1. Mac the Knife?

    I call my iMac "Chubby", my macbook "Pixie", then Jeff's got the old macbook he called "H.E.L.P.E.R." and his macbook pro is "Pintsize"

    ReplyDelete