Wednesday, June 1, 2011

That awkward moment when I was going to update my blog but I assumed I was going to be raptured…



I know, the Doomsday prophecy didn’t pan out. We’re still here and nothing’s really changed. It’s hot as balls outside (maybe a sign of the return of Icarus?) but I’m finding the lack of earthquakes, both spiritually and environmentally, to be frustrating. I’m a little late on this topic and I forgot all about this stupid Family Radio until I read an article today about them (http://money.cnn.com/2011/06/01/pf/doomsday_inheritance_donations/index.htm?iid=HP_Highlight&hpt=hp_c1)

For those who don’t want to read the article or boycott CNN because of Wolf Blitzer’s abysmal performance on Celebrity Jeopardy a while ago, let me summarize it for you. A woman is contesting Family Radio because her aunt left them a lot of money in her will. She’s unhappy that she was only left with $25,000 and these rabble/rapture-rousers were left with something to the sum of $300,000. Granted, I still think $25,000 is a decent sum to be left by an aunt, but I’m appalled that these failed prophets are going to make away with all this money, just to spread more bullshit. The IRS reported that they made over 18 million dollars in 2009. Ridiculous.

I wish I could make bank for failing at predictions. Sometimes I say I’m going to do my laundry but it doesn’t happen until two days later. Does that mean my laundry is going through a spiritual redemption because it wasn’t raptured by the wash on Wednesday? I’ve still been putting off getting a car wash….Could it mean that the Messiah himself still doesn’t know whether I’ll go for the tire clean or the Rain-X? It’s all up in the air but no matter what, Harold Camping is covered.

The worst part is that until the real rapture in October, we’re going to be assailed with this absolute insanity for a while. Whether it be more billboards, bus advertisements, Facebook groups with funny names or punch lines as jokes, I realize that Harold Camping isn’t going anywhere. Why is that those you want to get raptured never do? I don’t think he’s an evil man but he’s a dangerous man.  It actually breaks my previously callous heart to think of this group making money from blindsided people to spout their views further .

I’m a gullible person myself (it’s not written on the ceiling, I did just check) but I can’t imagine still believing in something after a failed prophecy. The only prophecy I believe in was Harry Potter’s and that actually panned out with epic warfare and fighting gingers. That’s more believable to me than rapture. That being said, I’m terrified of a raptor. eek!



1 comment:

  1. and even Dumbledore said all of the prophecies made that sit in the Department of Mystery don't come true, the one with He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named and Harry Potter only came true because he acted on it

    ReplyDelete